Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Birthday,Christmas Tree,Eggs,Oh My!

     

             Dec 1st was my birthday. I turned 39! I'm really not sure how I feel about this. It feels odd to say that I am now very very close to turning 40..which if you can hear the voice in my head,you'd think I was telling you all I was about to take my final walk out to pasture and would be calling it a day after that. I find I have a hard time dealing with the whole number factor because I never see myself as being 39 or 40 or 50. I'm just me..and so far, I'm doing alright. Last year I posted about my BIG weight loss..So this year, I have another big announcement: Daisy my delightful hen,laid her very first egg..on the morning of my birthday. Does it get any dang cooler then that?
                                 
 
            Isn't it cute?? It was tiny and perfect..and she has laid one every day since. She is one of those proud hens..which means she squawks at the top of her lungs..and let me tell you, that is one of the most unladylike sounds you could ever possibly make. It's going to get really loud when all 7 decide to lay at the same time.
                   
           

                          As part of my birthday we always decorate the christmas tree. I've been doing that for so long that I can't imagine not having that tradition. We put the christmas music on and take a trip down memory lane with each bulb and personalized ornament we unwrap.
                      


              I was also able to finally buy LED colored lights. I can't begin to tell you how happy that made me. I've only been able to buy white lights here and dearly missed the colored lights. I actually jumped up and down in the store when I saw them. I wake up early each morning and come downstairs and turn them on right away. I drink my coffee while sitting in front of the tree and listening to christmas music. I can't think of a better way to start the morning..











4 comments:

Silke said...

Happy Birthday :-) And don´t worry, 40 isn´t that bad ;-)

Sonya said...

Thank you..and Im looking forward to 40..it's going to be great ;)

lytha said...

i love your tree! i have a hard time finding colored lights as well. this year i was determined to find a string of just red, and could not. i have a blue and a green out in the yard, and lots of multi. actually, it's funny, i have no strings of white anymore - the last one broke last year. it is pretty clear i'm american when you drive by and see ONLY colors and no white at all: ) i kind of understand the reluctance of the germans to adopt the "garish american colors" when i see how formal/stately the "just white look" is. what i really want is a lit-up plastic nativity for my yard *sigh* - i'll never find one of those here. i also wish i could just turn on a radio station and hear just christmas music. i guess i'll have to go to the internet for that. is that what you do?

Sonya said...

Lytha, go to Accuradio.com and they have an entire christmas section of music..I have it going all the time :) I like the Old fashioned one the best.

They dont really do the plastic nativity for the yard here either..you can get the animals..the ones that are covered in lights and move but thats about it. I want to run home sometimes and take a drive through Peacock Lane in Portland,Or :)