Monday, November 11, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins

     

      I slacked off with my blogging last week..it was just,one of those weeks. I wasn't feeling 100% myself and just decided to take a quick step and regroup a little. I go through that every so often...well I was already waiting for it. I get a little down when the holidays start coming on. I miss home and everything that means when it comes to celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is what it is and I'm really good about kicking my own ass and pushing myself forward,but I also know that a few days of down time does wonders for me in regrouping and pushing forward. I am planning our meals and can't wait to buy our first Christmas tree and get it set up in our new home :) We're still getting everything situated..4 months on and I still have some boxes to unpack and a few walls to paint!

So lets move on,shall we? Muffins are a staple in this house and as soon as I spotted this recipe I ran into the kitchen to make them. I love,love,love, mint chocolate so I prayed that no one else in the house would like these so that I could have them all to myself. No such luck because everyone else loved them too.

Mine came out darker than I would have liked and will keep a better eye on them next time. My oven has a special cake/muffin mode and it tends to bake everything up a lot quicker and I keep forgetting that. If you are a fan of mint chocolate,give these a try! And yes..the recipe is in grams..buy a weight scale already :)

Mint Chocolate Chip Muffins

280 g Flour
1 TBS Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
115 g Sugar
150 g Chocolate Chips..I used mini's
2 Eggs
250 ml Milk..I used low fat
85 g Butter,melted and slightly cooled
1 tsp. Mint Extract
Green Food Coloring,optional

Pre heat oven to 370 or 190 celcius. Line a muffin tin with wrappers and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour,baking powder,salt,sugar, and chocolate chips.

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs,milk,melted butter,mint extract and food coloring ( I think I used maybe 4 drops). Pour the wet into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.

Fill your muffin cups 3/4 full. 

Bake for 20 minutes of until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack and enjoy warm or room temp.

Yield: 12-14 muffins
Source: Not Only Muffins 




2 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

I can't even imagine being away from home over the holidays. I am so sorry, Sonya. Sending you a big hug this morning all the way from Pennsylvania.

The muffins look divine!

Sonya said...

It's not for the faint of heart thats for sure..lol Thanks though..I appreciate the hugs. I can always use extras of those!

I hope you have a wonderful week :)